Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Differences-part 2

Watching my students work on their project got me to thinking about how different they all are. That got me to thinking about how different many of my friends and I are. One friend in particular.
She is tall, I am short. I am fat, she is not. She is stylish, I am thrown together. Her house is color coordinated,mine is like me,thrown together. She is self proclaimed "high maintence" and I,well maybe I am as well but not in the same way. She is a city girl,I am country.
But in spite of these differences, we have the same desire to serve the Lord and do the work He has for us. We have had the most amazing conversations about how God has worked in our lives and what He is teaching us.
I thought I had learned a long time ago not to judge a book by it's cover.
I have to admit that when I first met this person, I wouldn't have imagined we'd be as close as we are because we are so very different. As it turns out, we have much more in common than I had ever imagined.
Just imagine if we all took the time to get to know each other, tried to understand each other based on actual conversations with them rather than chance encounters or what someone looks like, or even acts sometimes. You have no idea what they are going through. Instead,pray for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment