Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Today, I read

I started the book my husband got me for mothers day yesterday around 11 in the morning. I finished it around 11 this evening. You may not believe this but I didn't just read during my waking hours. I did read almost 5 straight hours this evening bit other than that just a few minutes here and there. It has been a long time since I read something new simply for the pure pleasure of it. I have my favorites that I read and reread when I want something to do but don't want to think too much.
I started to watch Julie and Julia again today. That movie was the reason for starting this blog in the first place. I thought by now I would have figured out exactly why I am writing it.
I do know that I want to pick up one of my ideas, brush it off, re-examine it, and start writing on it again.
The question is, which one? The academic piece my writing professor said would be an excellent doctoral thesis piece(kind of a terrifying thought to a girl with a 2.389 gpa), the fiction story that sprung from the title of a friends blog and incidentally inspired the academic pie e, the memoir piece, or the "devotionals" I have had the audacity to start on?
Any preferences?

No comments:

Post a Comment