Saturday, May 21, 2011

Yay!

Tomorrow is my birthday! I will be 43 years old. I know a lot of people don't like to talk about how old they are but I really don't mind. I come from a family of women who don't look their age! My great aunt Vivian looked to be on her 60s when she was in her 80s. I have frequently been mistaken for a teenager/young adult. Once I was mistaken for my sons girlfriend. He was understandably horrified.
Personally, I think I look my age and that there are a lot of people who need complete eye exams.
The only thing that bothers me about my age is my lack of accomplishment.I thought I would be a homeowner by now. I thought I would be established in a career by now. Instead I am either overqualified or don't have the experience wanted for every job I apply for.
I thought I would be able to spoil my kids and grandkids by now.
At any rate, I am excited about my birthday! I grew up in a family where birthdays were a big fat hairy deal. In my husbands family,they were celebrated but not quite as much. Gregg's birthday is 4 days after Christmas and his brothers is sometimes on Easter. I am always trying to surprise Gregg with something on his birthday and he really doesn't seem to care one way or the other. I on the other hand love the surprises and specialness of being the birthday girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment