Saturday, May 25, 2013

social media, peer pressure and boys

I had fully intendedto follow up my pre-birthday post with a post birthday post. However, my grandmother had a stroke and with all the emotion of that, the post just didn't happen.
Despite my Grandma's stroke a lot of great things happened this week!
1. I have found that the more I exercise, the more I want to exercise. 
2. My response to stress has been altered. Typically, I stress, I eat. This week my stress reaction has been to get up and do something.
3. Though I haven't made a concentrated effort to avoid sweets/chips,I have found found that I am not craving those foods.
4. I have lost 4 lbs.
5. My doctor not only approved my participation in the Fatty must run marathon challenge, his exact words were " I love it!" And despite being 2 weeks without blood pressure meds(they didnt give it to me in the hospital and I couldnt afford the refill) my blood pressure was NORMAL!
6. I had kind of a rough workout Thursday. Hang with me this IS a positive! I have rheumatoid arthritis which seems to be mostly in my feet. This makes finding shoes,of any kind, very difficult. Running shoes are especially difficult. It seems that the more structured a shoe is, the more pain it causes. I have 3 pairs of running shoes and none of them are comfortable for more than a few minutes even if I am just walking. But because I absolutely positively do not want to be the fatty that didnt finish on a GLOBAL scale I decided to run anyway. 1/4 mile into the run I knew if I continued to run I would not be able to walk Friday. I resigned myself to working out on the weight machines and be satisfied with that. 
Except that I wasn't. Not in the least. With each set of reps I racked my brain trying to cime up with a plan. Finally I went to the employee in charge and asked if it would be ok if I ran the track without my shoes. The worst she could say was no, right?  So I ran 3/4 of a mile barefoot. 
7. I made an assumption about someone's opinion of me. I was very wrong and very humbled by their opinion.
8.I am rocking this, just so you know!

1 comment:

  1. Well, it doesn't have anything to do with social media, peer pressure, and boys, but it was long enough that I didn't realize you fell asleep before finishing! lol

    ReplyDelete