Thursday, June 13, 2013

I need more hours....

There just isn't enough time to do everything I want and NEED to do!
Run, for example. I actually love to run. I am as slow as an elephant in mud but I love it!
I have an awesome job! I work with kids with mental health issues and their families. Its not always an easy job. In fact, at times it is both challenging and heartbreaking. 
But one of the best things about it is that I get to play with kids everyday! It may not be running, but I am usually active everyday. Yesterday it was 2 1/2 hours playing in high heat and humidty. Completely wore me out. I was in bed by 7pm!
Today was just a bit of active play as we had storms popping up.
 One of the more annoying aspects of my job is trying to mesh my and my families schedule around my clients schedule. At times it is impossible! But usually to make it work I end up working crazy hours.
I had planned to work out at the gym but forgot to pack my workout wear this morning. I went from work, to physical therapy to my daughters doctors appt, to the gym to take daughters shift at the gym child care because her appointment ran late. If I had been wearing pants I would have gone ahead and at least done machines but I was in a skirt. Hard to do some of those and remain modest!
By the time I returned home it was 8:30ish, and I wouldnt have had time to change, drive back to the gym and gotten a work out in before they closed. Sometimes I wish my gym was 24 hours! I opted to catch up my squats as I was behind a couple of days and do some stretching. Plus upper body at physical therapy. My therapist had me work on machines that are in the gym so when official therapy ends I will be able to improve. There are some I am not allowed to do. One in particular she said I was never ever allowed to do ever again. Not sure if she was teasing or not! 
So thats my www.Juneathon.com portion of the post. 
www.fattymustrun.wordpress.com don't feel left out! 
My clean eating has been a bust for the last couple of days. Trying to squeeze every last drop out of productivity out of my days has resulted in me grabbing whatever is the quickest, easiest and cheapest. In the words of Scarlett O'Hara "Tomorrow is another day."

No comments:

Post a Comment